MARA is a Mobile Application Reverse engineering and Analysis Framework. It is a tool that puts together commonly used mobile application reverse engineering and analysis tools, to assist in testing mobile applications against the OWASP mobile security threats. Its objective is to make this task easier and friendlier to mobile application developers and security professionals.
MARA is developed and maintained by @xtian_kisutsa and @iamckn. It is in its very early stages of development and there is a lot more to come, in line with our roadmap. Any contributions and suggestions to the tool will be highly appreciated.
APK Reverse Engineering
- Disassembling Dalvik bytecode to smali bytecode via baksmali and apktool
- Disassembling Dalvik bytecode to java bytecode via enjarify
- Decompiling APK to Java source code via jadx
- APK deobfuscation via (http://www.apk-deguard.com/)
- Parsing smali files for analysis via smalisca
- Dump apk assets,libraries and resources
- Extracting certificate data via openssl
- Extract strings and app permissions via aapt
- Identify methods and classes via ClassyShark
- Scan for apk vulnerabilities via androbugs
- Analyze apk for potential malicious behaviour via androwarn
- Identify compilers, packers and obfuscators via APKiD
- Extract execution paths, IP addresses, URL, URI, emails via regex
APK Manifest Analysis
- Extract Intents
- Extract exported activities
- Extract receivers
- Extract exported receivers
- Extract Services
- Extract exported services
- Check if apk is debuggable
- Check if apk allows backups
- Check if apk allows sending of secret codes
- Check if apk can receive binary SMS
- Source code static analysis based on OWASP Top Mobile Top 10 and the OWASP Mobile Apps Checklist
- MARA is capable of performing either single or mass analysis of apk, dex or jar files.
Additional information about the framework, prerequisites and the installation guide is available on the wiki
MARA_Framework (este enlace se abre en una nueva ventana) por xtiankisutsa (este enlace se abre en una nueva ventana)
MARA is a Mobile Application Reverse engineering and Analysis Framework. It is a toolkit that puts together commonly used mobile application reverse engineering and analysis tools to assist in testing mobile applications against the OWASP mobile security threats.